Subscribe to our weekly newsletter
A other change to a development approval has been lodged by Parkwood Village for a Surf Resort, located at 76-122 Napper Road, Parkwood on the Gold Coast.
Designed by BDA Architecture, the proposed resort masterplan seeks to create a landmark destination for indoor and outdoor recreational and entertainment activities surrounding by residential towers with a maximum building height of 8 stories (28.5m high).
The unique redevelopment seeks to provide a staged mixed used health and well-being development, supported by a new surf park, short term residential accommodation and surrounded by the redesigned existing uses in a integrated surf resort.
– 8 Residential towers for short-term accommodation (222 units)
– 12 new Villas (Multiple Dwelling)
– Mixed use commercial and retail building
– Mixed use medical and commercial building
– Event centre and relocated wedding chapel
– Food and beverage building (with micro brewery)
– Relocated Golf Pro Shop and redesigned 18 hole golf course
– Relocated childcare centre (within medical and commercial building)
– Endless Wave Pool and Beach activities
– Indoor and outdoor sport and recreation
– The Club and function facility
– Food and drink outlets
– Car wash
– 1,586 car parking spaces
– 295 bicycle spaces
The proposed masterplan seeks a design that provides for changes to the development and opportunity to improve the existing land uses occurring on site. The new design provides improved water quality functions, sense of place, improved connectivity and the sustainability of the public health, sport and community benefits.
The new $35 Million wave pool will compliment the existing recreation and leisure precinct and is to be constructed by Endless Surf and the technology to construct the waves to be designed and manufacturer WhiteWater.
The planners at Urban Planning Services state, “The proposal has identified that the unique nature of the land is suitable for new activities that provide opportunities for innovative and creative new activities that cannot readily be accommodated elsewhere within the City”.
“The building form maximises views to the golf course and sports field,
thus maintaining a meaningful relationship with its sport, recreational and entertainment surroundings”.
“The development though it has increased in the scale and intensity, has
retained of important elements of neighbourhood character and
amenity. The smaller scale buildings, being the Wedding Chapel, Pro Shop and Maintenance Building, are separated from the main built form to allow views through to the surrounding golf course”.
A proposed seeks 6.2ha (10.98%) site covered of the overall 56.49ha site area.
We encourage you to like the Your Neighbourhood Facebook page, to be updated on other projects or developments.
The Application Information and References
– Date Lodged: 29 September 2021
– Council Reference: OTH/2021/54
– Address: 76-122 Napper Road, Parkwood
– Zone: Sport and Recreation
– Neighbourhood Plan:
– Application Report: Urban Planning Services
– Architect Drawings: BDA Architecture
– Landscape Architect: FORM
– Announcements: Endless Surf and WhiteWater
– Interactive Image: Google Aerial and Streetview
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter
Liked Your Neighbourhood ?
News articles are presented in an unbiased manner from information publicly accessible that include referenced links for the reader to obtain any further information. The facts of the proposed government projects, media releases, school upgrades and development applications are based on the available information at the time of the published date, with information sourced directly from company websites, media releases and development application material. We reference all our information at the end of the articles and promote the creators with website back links.
(Visited 3,175 times, 1 visits today)