Jay Leno is hospitalized with facial burns just after a automobile fire Sunday.

“I obtained some major burns from a gasoline fire,” Leno claimed in a statement to Range. “I am okay. Just require a week or two to get back on my feet.”

TMZ first documented that the comedian and host of “Jay Leno’s Garage” was in his Los Angeles-location garage Sunday when a car or truck “erupted into flames with no warning.” Flames burned the still left facet of Leno’s deal with, but did not penetrate the eye or ear, in accordance to the report, which cited anonymous sources with immediate awareness of the make any difference.

He was taken to the burn up ward at Grossman Burn off Heart wherever he remained as of Monday, and has cancelled all engagements for the period of the 7 days, for each the TMZ report.

News of a wellness issue was very first claimed by Men and women journal. Leno was supposed to surface at a financial meeting in Las Vegas Sunday, but had to terminate thanks to a “major medical unexpected emergency.” Leno’s facial burns or their cause had been not disclosed at the time, on the other hand.

“His spouse and children was not in a position to supply us pretty lots of particulars, but there was a pretty significant clinical unexpected emergency that is stopping Jay from traveling,” an e-mail to attendees printed by People examine.

The correct result in of the hearth was not disclosed at the time of publication. Leno is acknowledged for getting a fingers-on approach to his huge collection of cars and trucks and bikes, putting his have mechanical information to get the job done in holding them operating alongside a paid out team. We would like him a speedy restoration.